The JF-17A Thunder, is a lightweight, single-engine, fourth-generation multi-role combat aircraft developed jointly by the Wernher and Noah Enteeprises. It was designed to reduces the number of the ageing F-5E Tiger II in the Osean Air Defense Force (OADF). The JF-17 can be used for multiple roles, including interception, ground attack, anti-ship, and aerial reconnaissance. The designation "JF-17" stands for "Joint Fighter-17", with the "-17" denoting that, in the OADF's vision, it is the successor to the F-16C Fighting Falcon.
The JF-17A can deploy diverse ordnance, including air-to-air and air-to-surface missiles, including anti-ship missiles, and a 25mm twin-barrel autocannon. Powered by a afterburning turbofan, it has a top speed of Mach 2. The JF-17A is one of the backbone and workhorse of the OADF, complementing the Lockheed Martin F-16C Fighting Falcon at approximately half the cost.
The JF-17 was designed and developed primarily to meet the OADF requirement for an affordable, unsanctionable, fourth-generation, lightweight, multi-role combat aircraft as a replacement for its F-5E Tiger II, with a cheap cost. The aircraft was also intended to have export potential as a cost-effective and competitive alternative to more expensive Belkan and Yuktobanian fighters.
In the 1995, the first prototype of the aircraft, the JF-7 was released, but it still needs large improvement, along with the Belkan War, the JF-17A development is really slow. In the 2000s, the second JF-17A prototype, the JF-17S, was released. The aircrafts still needs improvement. And in the late 2005, the JF-17A was released, it was perfect and the JF-17A was inducted in the OADF in February 2006.
Other allied countries also buy the JF-17A with cheap cost, has multirole capabilities and extreme maneuverability. The most famous costumer of the JF-17A is the Aurelian Air Force.
- GUN x3600
- MSL x106
- MGP x4800
- HCAA x56
- SAAM x18
- SASM x30
- QAAM x28
- LAAM x18
- 4AAM x24
- GPB x26
- LASM x20
- UGBL x20
- LAGM x26
- UGB x28
- RKT x22
- MPM x20
- LACM x16
- 8AGM x40
- PLSL x450
- FLR x5
- Osea: Grey and light grey camouflage.
- Erusea: Green/brown/tan Aggressor camouflage.
- Special: Pakistan flag livery.
- Aggressor: Grey, dark grey and desert yellow aggressor camouflage.
- Blue Aggressor: Blue, dark blue and light grey camouflage.
- Splinter: Three-tone grey splinter camouflage.
- Navy Splinter: Three-tone grey, light grey and grey splinter camouflage.
- Arctic Splinter: Three-tone black, white and grey "Arctic" Splinter camouflage.
- Forest: Three-tone green, dark green and black "Forest" Splinter camouflage.
- Aunk: Aunk Squadron livery.