The X-37C (also known as the Orbital Fighter Vehicle) is a reusable Osean unmanned vertical-takeoff, horizontal-landing (VTHL) spacecraft. The X-37C is operated by the Osean Air Defence Force for orbital combat missions.
The X-37C began as a OSA (Osean Space Agency) project in 2030, then was transferred to the Osean Department of Defense in 2034. It had its first flight as a drop test on 17th of April 2035, at Basst Space Center. The spacecraft's first orbital mission, was launched on 22th of April 2039 using an Atlas VIII rocket. Its return to Strangereal on the 3rd December 2039 was the first test of the vehicle's heat shield and hypersonic aerodynamic handling. A second X-37C was launched on the 5th of March 2040 to test the Anti-Satellite Laser System (ASLS) which was on board against some old OSA satellites.
As part of its Space Support mission goals, X-37C was designed to rendezvous with friendly satellites to refuel them, or to replace failed solar arrays using a on board robotic arm. Its payload could also support the ASLS or four Anti-Satellite kinetic missiles.
- Crew: None (UCAV)
- Length: 30 ft 3 in (9.2 m)
- Wingspan: 15 ft 11 in (4.8 m)
- Height: 10 ft 6 in (3.2 m)
- Loaded Weight: 13,000 lb (5,900 kg)
- Power: Gallium arsenide solar cells with lithium-ion batteries and Micro-Fusion Cell
- Payload Bay: 7 × 4 ft (2.1 × 1.2 m)
- Orbital Speed: 16,700 mph (26,900 km/h)
- Orbit: Low Earth orbit
- Orbital Time: Up to 210 days
- 1x ASLS (Anti-Satellite Laser System, 10x charges)
- 4x ASAT (Anti-Satellite Kinetic Missiles)