The Spetsnaz, or Voyska Spetsialnogo Naznacheniya, are the elite special forces of the Yuktobanian Republic. the Spetsnaz are a fearsome fighting force. Spetsnaz work under the direction of Armed Forces Intelligence Directorate (VSRU) and report solely to the Minister of Defense, Internal Affairs, Justice and State Security Agency (Agentstvo Gosudarstvennoy Bezopasnosti)
Several known divisions of Spetsnaz
-Varyag Spetsgruppa (Maroon Baret), are the most elite fighting group within the Spetsnaz, this special group is intended for deployments outside the territories of UYR. they're operating under the order of Ministry of Defense and State Security Agency. Most of their missions are highly classified and noted only by the ministers, and few top brass within the Yuktobanian Military.
-Strelet Spetsgruppa (Brown Baret), are an elite fighting group operating under the order of Ministry of Internal Affairs and Ministry of Justice. Some of their units are integrated with the local police force. Their purposes are tactical assistance to the local police and strategic deployments within the Yuktobanian territories.
- Desantnyi Napadenie Gruppa (DEPA GRU/Amphibious Assault Group/Denim Baret), is one of several special groups attached directly to the military branches of Yuktobanian Armed Forces. This non-traditional special group reports solely to the Chief of Staff of Yuktobanian Navy and special envoys of Ministry of Defense and State Security Agency (Known as Joint Special Operational Strategic Command/SOVOSK or Sovmestnye spetsialnye operatsii strategicheskogo komandovaniya). This group oftenly pick its new operatives from the Naval Infantry Corps (Korpus Morskaya Pekhota) which is the amphibious element of Yuktobanian Navy.
Known Operations and Deployments
- 1988, a year after the end of Yuktobanian-Kalugan war, a group of 33 heavily armed terrorists attacked a local school in Kazan YR and took more than 1000 people as hostage. Strelet Spetsgruppa arrived on the scene just an hour after the terrorists stormed into the school. After 3 days of intel gathering and planning, Strelet Spetsgruppa rushed into the school and took out 32 hostage takers and arrested 1.
- 1995, Varyag Spetsgruppa/Task Force Cascade was on standoff with the Belkan Army after a failed attempt to assasinate the most influential Air Marshall in the Belkan Luftwaffe. The standoff lasted for more than 10 hours until the extraction unit of the Yuktobanian Army extracted them to the nearby allied frontline. Just minutes after that, the allied commanders announced the end of the war and urged the remaining Belkan troops to surrender.
- 2010, DEPA GRU, launched "Operation Znamya" against several Osean Naval Ports of St. Hewlett, Port Royal, and Mildenhall, the objective was to disable Osea Early Warning System (EWS) alongside the eastern seaboard. The operation was a preliminary and preparation for the "Blitz Attack" on the following days. Yuktobania declared "Operation Znamya" as a successful operation.
Standard issue weapons
- AK-47/AK-63D/AKM (Interior Operatives)
- OTs-14 Groza
- SR-3 Vikhr
- PP-19 Bizon
- H&K MP5K
- MP-443 Grach
- Franchi Spas-12
Light Machine Guns
- Barreta M107
- Dragunov SVD
- SSG-3000 (Strelet, Interior Operatives)
- KSVK 12.7
- Kaiser-2 Combat Knive
The author of this article encourages others to add to it.